Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Three-Quarter Length Dresses: College Ready?


This picture was recently featured in the April edition of the new Wall Street Journal Magazine.

First, if you haven't had a chance to check out their new magazine, I strongly advise you to do so! April features an interview with Anna Wintour which allows the everyday individual to get a sneak-peak into her iconic life as the editor of Vogue. Since the magazine's debut, the Wall Street Journal has done a wonderful job combining luxury fashion & design while addressing topics that can appeal to thousands. I love their magazine and think it will soon become a staple for the fashion-obsessed.


Second, what intrigued me about this photo was the feature of the three-quarter length dresses. While the styles & colors are fabulous, I find myself wondering how far this trend will go. As a college student, it is rare to see a dress or skirt even flirting with the knee. It almost seems as if it's a competition on how short you can go without letting everything show. Although in the fashion world, the mini is becoming less of a trend, the college world hasn't quite gotten the memo yet.

I understand that there is a time and a place for each style, and many people comment that at our age we should be "embracing our youth." But, it would be refreshing to see a young college student opting for the longer hemline. I, personally, love the look of the longer length, but am not sure how it would work on my 5'2 frame. Through on my spring shopping escapades, I will be on the look to try on this trend and see how it works.

Who knows if this trend will trickle down to the younger generations. But won't it will be fun to wait & see?!

No comments:

Post a Comment